Thursday 29 December 2016

The One We Fell In Love With


By Paige Toon
3/5
I picked this book up from the supermarket with no expectations of what it was going to be like; I just needed a quick read to last until I went to my local bookstore. This book did the trick. The story follows triplets, Phoebe, Rose and Eliza, who all fell in love with the same boy, Angus. However, the story is more than just a romance, it is more importantly about the relationship between the sisters after a tragedy.
I found this book to be a really quick and easy read. It made me smile and was just the sort of book I needed to get me out of a reading slump. However, the story was difficult to follow at times as I couldn’t really figure out what was happening in the present and what had happened in the past. This became clearer towards the middle of the book when the tragedy was revealed but as such, it is one of the reasons this book only got 3/5. A second reason is because I found the characters really hard to relate to; usually in a book there will be at least one character who I see some of myself in but I found it really difficult to get to know these characters. Perhaps it’s because the sisters are much older than myself but being unable to relate to them created a barrier between myself and the story and so I could not fully immerse myself into the book.

On the other hand, this book was really easy to read and I would probably read it again if I had nothing else on my shelf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment